Thursday, December 4, 2014

IT Safe Practices Questions



1. A. Facebook
   B. Skype
   C. Instagram
2. The consequences for what students post on social media consist of criminal charges, loss of friends or loved ones, disgrace to the school, bullied.
3. sexting- the corresponding of sexual messages via texting
            www.internetslang.com
   cramming- to shove into something
             www.thefreedictionary.com
   cookies- The file to a webpage on the internet
            www.internetslang.com
   Trojan horse- A horse used to ride into Troy
                 www.oxforddictionaries.com
   phishing- to scam someone's personal information
             www.webopedia.com
             phishing
             by: Vangie Beal
   spyware- Gathering information via internet
            www.webopedia.com
            spyware
            By: Vangie Beal
   rootkit- programs to allow administrators access to networks and computers
            www.searchmidmarketsecurity.techtarget.com
            Rootkit
            By: Margaret Rouse
   zombie- someone that came back from the dead
           www.granta.com
           20 November 2011
           By: Naomi Alderman
4. These screen names are poor choices because they are too vague and very personal. They are degrading to the individual and could be offensive to others viewing them.
5. With screen names like what is listed, kids could set off an image they do not necessary want to. The students presenting these screen names could come off as trashy or even worse.
6. Tom_Eavens34 : This screen name reveals the first and last name of the user as well as a possible sports number.
Missy-13 : This screen name reveals that the user is a female.
AndyKarateKid : This screen name reveals the first name of the user and that the user partakes in karate.
ViolinGurl : This screen name reveals that the user is female and that she plays the violin.
restlinmatch : this screen name reveals that the user is a wrestler.
7. i8sushi2- I would consider this a bad screen name; as a user of social media I prefer to be able to tell who other users are and this is not a clear screen name.
Soccerstar- I would consider this a bad screen name because, again, it does not clearly state who the user is.
Puppygirl1234- According to user name requirements, this would be considered a good user name because it uses a capital letter, it is lengthy and it contains numbers.
KeKe1995- I would consider this a good user name. It identifies the user without revealing the full identity of the user, which would be good for the users safety.
Bookworm- I would consider this a bad user name because it does not contain numbers, which is a requirement of most social media sites.
2BorNot2b- I would consider this a good user name when thinking about user name requirements, because it uses capital letters, it is lengthy and it contains numbers.
Choco-holic- I would not consider this a good user name because it is not clear and it does not use numbers.
CapitalOfens- I would not consider this a good user name because it does not contain number or a symbol.
AmrcanIdol2- This would be a good user name because it is lengthy and contains numbers and capital letters.
BellaIsabella- I would consider this a good user name because it is clear who the user is.
DarkAngel666- I would consider this a bad screen name because it gives off negative vibes to those who might come across it.
Karla-Love-1996- I would consider this a bad user name because it is too revealing of the user and is not safe.
SimplyMe- I would consider this a bad user name because it needs numbers.
gUn4hiRe- I would consider this a bad screen name because it highlights negative connotations.
babyfaceLA- I would consider this a good user name because it uses a variety of letter cases and is lengthy.
Watup?- I would consider this a bad user name because it is un-original.
8. HipHop45 luvvbug74 rebelfan06
9. a) No (b) yes -3 (c) yes -3 (d) no (e) yes +2 (f) yes +2 (g) no (h) no (i) no (j) no
(K) no (L) no (m) no (n)no (o) no (p) yes -3
10. While I could not find any evidence to back up this claim, I believe that the most-common reason that students’ online accounts are broken into each year is because students give their password to their friends, who then decide to use it or give it to others who use it. Also, the least common reason for students would probably be a password-cracking program. I believe that the programs are responsible for the majority of the hacking around the world, but not so much in students as in adults.
11.       After watching the malware video, I became very concerned about the safety of my computer. It is extremely scary to realize that the Internet has software that can download and infect your computer without you having any idea about it. I have learned that it so important to check your computer for any unusual or new icons. The video also said that the programs can download into apps on the computer as well.
            In order to protect yourself from these nasty programs, you should install software that allows you to check your computer frequently for unusual software. Also, I plan to check my Internet web browser settings. Most computers come on a medium security setting, whereas they should be set on high security settings. I plan to be more careful now on the computer after seeing how nasty the malware can be. I also plan to keep a close eye on my school computer when I am a teacher so that I do not lose any important data because of malware. I hope that this problem is something that I will never have to deal with.
12.       The first test that I took was the identity theft quiz. This quiz said that I was at a low risk for identity theft because I shred papers with personal information on them, I do not have my social security or driver’s license number on it, and I check my credit card statements and check for the lock sign when purchasing items online.
            The second quiz that I took was all about financial fraud. The quiz ended up saying that I was at a very low risk for financial fraud because I research all companies before making investments, choose not to do much business out of the country, and do not reply to emails from companies I am unfamiliar with. All of these reasons are ways to reduce the chance of experiencing financial fraud through the Internet.
            The third quiz I took was about unwitting accomplice in crime. The quiz said that I was at a very low risk. The reason for this is because I do not chat with those I do not know online nor do I send gifts to people online that I have never met. I personally do not befriend those I do not know personally so this issue is most likely not one I will ever have to deal with. I also have not tried to do business from home through the Internet, which is a positive thing according to this website.
13. The article that I have chosen to summarize is titled “CYBER CRIMINALS USING FAKE GOVERNMENT E-MAIL TO PERPETRATE SCAM.” This article was about cyber criminals who were pretending to be the Internet Cyber Complaint Center. This is a branch of the government. The cyber criminals were sending emails that said the receiver was being charged for a type of crime and provided the legal consequences they could face if they did not respond to the email. The emails seemed legitimate however the IC3 never threatens people for not answering emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment